Let’s celebrate Valentine’s Day with some of the tongue-in-cheek ways that let us know that we have chosen the right mate!
Like all talents, creativity has its downside. It can be demanding, messy, even expensive. For those of us who sew, quilt and embroider, there are countless ways to know if you have found the right person. Here are just a few.
You know you are with the right person:
- When your vacations include destinations with awesome fabric stores.
- When they download another JoAnn coupon to use for you.
- When they ask, “Are you sure that is enough fabric?”
- When they buy you sewing/embroidery equipment.
- When they patiently wait for you outside the fabric store.
- When they bring you snacks when you are on a deadline with a project.
- When they don’t complain about a messy house when you are “in the zone.”
- When they cook dinner or bring take out to you when you've lost track of time while happily sewing/embroidering.
- When they have the Ohio Star incorporated into your kitchen floor tile.
- When a day trip turns into a seek-and-find mission for fabric or supplies.
- When they proudly wear what you embroider for them.
- When your new home includes the perfect sewing studio space.
- When they don’t complain about you buying all of that fabric, thread, or stabilizer.
- When they encourage you to further your passion by taking a class or attending a trade show.
- When they build you accessories that make your sewing space even better.
- When they don’t use your fabric scissors.
You can download Bonnie's free design pictured above, here.
How does your significant other support your sewing/quilting/embroidery passion?
Sew Inspired by Bonnie